At GoHealth, we provide innovative technology solutions for the future of health care. So far, weve helped millions of people access affordable health care. And now were looking toward the future: We want to revolutionize the health care industry. There's no doubt that health reform will continue to change our business. As millions more consumers enter the market looking for health care, we'll be here to help them find it.
Included in the Deloitte Technology Fast500, Crains Fast 50, Top 100 Digital Companies, and 101 Best Places to Work, GoHealth continues to attract the best in the business. With award-winning technology specialists, savvy project managers, customer-focused sales people, creative marketing professionals, and countless other vital team members, our business keeps growing because were all passionate about what we do.
At GoHealth, it's our employees who drive our success, which is why we understand the importance of corporate culture. We encourage a casual dress code to help everyone feel comfortable, and our corporate benefits are unparalleled. When you join #TeamGoHealth, youll receive unlimited vacation days, flex Fridays, subsidized gym memberships, and most importantly, unlimited career growth opportunities.Job Description
The Principal Software Engineer will be designing high-performing, scalable, web based software solutions that must handle a high volume of transactions each day. This is a lead role and we are looking for a candidate to bring passion and dedication to this position. The ideal Principal Software Engineer will be a great motivator who can thrive in an Agile environment. We are looking for an individual with a consistent drive to find ways to improve processes, technology, and fellow employees.
- Serve as the go-to technical lead for high priority technical topics (new product builds, joint application design sessions with enterprise customers, etc.)
- Consistently find new ways to develop and improve processes and technology
- Connect lower level technical details to the needs of the business
- Internal champion of overall code quality, reuse, and extensibility, and serve as Java subject matter expert
- Play a key role in building, developing, and motivating a great team. Also aid in the professional development and retention of younger staff
- Promote thought leadership throughout the organization and engage in start-up community activities (Github, StackOverflow, Chicago based meetups)
- Develop extensive knowledge of GoHealth platform architecture, services, and applications
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering (software design, architecture, implementation, deployment, and support)
- Proven experience collaborating with multiple business layers, both internal and external, to deliver Java based SaaS products through all aspects of the SDLC
- Thorough understanding of software development process, automation, and testing
- Well-rounded experience, with a full stack background in front-end and back-end Java development (strong Java experience is required)
- Experience with Linux or BSD, and Open Source tools, frameworks, and technologies
- Previous leadership experience is required- could be the most senior technical staff, or a CTO of a small company
- Experience with various hosting solutions (AWS, Heroku, VPS, on-premise, etc.)
- Fluent on topics of networking, transport protocols, security, and monitoring
- Deep knowledge of SOA, SOAP/WS, EDI, messaging systems
- Experience in application profiling, performance monitoring, concurrent systems, JVM garbage collectors and heap management
- Strong experience with various types of databases/application servers
- Out-of-the-box thinker, ready to assert their vision and demonstrate passion for their work product