- Divisional Vice President, Finance ‚€“ Procurement
- Chicago, IL
- America‚€™s Finance
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery¬ , Otis Spunkmeyer¬ , and Oakrun Farm Bakery¬ . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 26 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers‚€™ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
ARYZTA Americas operates one of the largest specialty bakery businesses servicing all major customers in the retail, foodservice, QSR and convenience store channels.
This role will report to America‚€™s Finance and support the Vice President, Procurement.
The purpose of the role is to drive, manage, and maximize ARYZTA America‚€™s financial position in conjunction with the Procurement organization. Act as the essential finance business partner to drive EBIT growth through excellent financial leadership, analysis, and decision support to the Procurement team, overseeing the financial reporting, planning, and analyses. Responsibilities include financial control and governance, preparation of accurate and timely budgets and forecasts, as well as tracking actual results and comparative analyses. This position will also perform financial analysis to support and enable business goals and objectives.
Financial control and governance, budgeting, forecasting, commodity risk analysis, maintain and enhance tools to validate and track cost savings initiatives, monthly and quarterly management and performance reporting, support on strategic planning, projects and decision making.
- Oversee Procurement budget process, provide analyse of results on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis, enable an understanding of financial drivers, and ensure financial targets are met
- PPV (including inbound freight) forecast process, analysis, and review including split between street and pass through
- Validate and track cost savings initiatives on both direct and indirect spend
- Provide financial inputs and highlight risks and opportunities to facilitate understanding of commercial issues and improve EBIT for strategic initiatives, evaluation of vendor/supplier risk, raw material pricing, etc.
- Play an active role in analysing and understanding commodity risks
- Provide process / cost improvements suggestions to the business based on financial analysis / understanding of operations
- Deliver accurate and timely financial information to the business units
- Support in creating and delivering performance and other periodic reports (weekly, monthly, and yearly reports), reviewing YoY performance
- Provide financial input into policy/process development/updates
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, rules and regulations
- Support in achieving working capital targets through vendor management
- Support Procurement Team on financial deliver of initiatives
- Support in assessing hedge effectiveness
- Engage and perform related and ad hoc duties, as appropriate and as required
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience of relevant business experience
- SAP knowledge
- CPA / MBA desirable
- Ability to apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organisation‚€™s goals
- Building strong internal / external customer and vendor relationships
- Ability to analyse complex data
- Ability to execute change and continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to embrace and apply leading edge tools and techniques
ARYZTA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE)